Submit a project
Water resource management is one of the major issues of the 21st century. In order to respond to the challenges that impact freshwater ecosystems, the MAVA Foundation, Aage V. Jensen Charity Foundation and the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation have decided to join forces to create the Donors' Initiative for Mediterranean Freshwater Ecosystems (DIMFE); an initiative dedicated to the conservation and restoration of all freshwater ecosystems in the Mediterranean: rivers, lakes, marshes and peatlands.
Themes of the call for projects:
- Conservation and restoration of freshwater ecosystems and biodiversity
- Sustainable use and management of water resources
- The development and implementation of sustainable financing mechanisms for freshwater ecosystem conservation and sustainable water use
DIMFE will fund projects that adopt a holistic approach taking into account community and cultural aspects such as the inclusion of socio-economic benefits for local populations, the promotion of environmentally beneficial cultural practices and respect for ethnicity and gender.
Criteria for the call for projects:
- Financial support from €100,000 to €500,000
- DIMFE's contribution should normally not exceed 75% of the total project budget. If the request for funding exceeds €300,000, 25% co-financing (non-in-kind) is mandatory.
- Projects must start in the first quarter of 2023 and have a maximum duration of 3 years
The Executive Committee will select projects that meet several criteria:
- Projects must be located within the Mediterranean basin, without geographical preference.
- Projects must produce results that have an impact on the ground.
- Projects must be consistent with the themes and budget listed above.
- Projects submitted by a single person will not be considered.
- NGOs, local authorities, municipalities, private companies engaged in the ecological transition with less than 20 employees, scientific institutions.
Instructions for downloading the files:
- Download the application form in pdf and fill it in (you need Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Click on the google drive link to access the budget tables. It is necessary to complete both tables.
- To download: Right click on the document – Download
Attention: You must download the budget tables to fill them, it is not possible to fill them online.
The application form and both budget tables must be sent by October 15, 2022, to the following email address: email@example.com